I received a surprise 'welcome home' blog award from Laura of Ciao Amalfi! Thank you so much for including me among your list of 'brilliant blogs to follow'! What an honor and and a great way to discover new and interesting blogs out there.
While I am thrilled to be passed on an award, gulp, not so sure how I feel about the stipulations of the award, i.e., 'sharing ten honest things about myself'! I tend to keep my blog on the descriptive and not too private side, but hey, this could be fun?!?!? So here it goes...
10 Honest Things About Myself
1) I haven't lived at the same address for more than 2 consecutive years since graduating from college. We're talking 15+ years! Let's see if Sicily (and a child) can keep us more grounded.
2) Even though I have been living in Italy on and off for 8 years and have Italian citizenship, I still feel like a foreigner and wonder if that feeling will ever go away.
3) I am not a phone person, so much so that I struggle to keep in touch with friends and family via the telephone and force myself to pick up the phone to make the call. That said, once on the phone, I am always happy to have connected with loved ones far away and am even happier to be on the receiving end of the call as if being given a special gift from someone who doesn't mind picking up the phone first.
4) Even though I am attracted to skirts and dresses and own many of them, I am more of a pants/shorts/jeans kind of gal and find myself grabbing those out of the closet over and over again.
5) I think I have the best job and miss working in the big city every day.
6) I feel incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to live next to the Ionian Sea and try to enjoy and take advantage of all the benefits of seaside living every day. But I can't seem to get the California girl out of me and on many levels still prefer the sound of waves crashing on a beach and all that is associated with a Pacific Ocean beach over the Mediterranean.
7) I greatly dislike getting my haircut and in my lifetime have left many hair salons teary-eyed. I admire people who change their looks regularly and without fear.
8) I love being driven on two-wheeled vehicles and can't believe that I know how to drive a vespa.
9) Being a mom is the most joyful and challenging adventure I have yet to undertake.
10) Spending time outdoors on a sunny day brings me happiness, whether it be hiking on a mountain trail, hanging out in our vegetable garden, or jumping off the rocks into sea.
And now for the easy part of the award, sharing with you some brilliant blogs to follow: